Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Starting again.....


I had this idea of writing about Montessori presentations since what I'm learning in the Montessori credential course has been so enlightening.  There are so many things not mentioned in the online blogs when it comes to Montessori.  Things that make me go, aha!  That's why you do it.

But honestly, there is information out there if you look.  So I'm starting again and taking a turn.

Many of the Montessori blogs out there present activities and happy children doing said activities.  It has not being my experience.  It's not the say my kids didn't like the activities, it just had never turned out the way I thought it ought to.   My journey on doing Montessori has been one of learning through mistakes.  It had been full of frustrations because I had this idea from what I read in books and online that turned out to not quite be the philosophy.

Having a second child has really helped as I got to start earlier with him and despite working full time and not having a fully prepared environment, I have seen the difference.  Taking the classes have definitely helped.  I have a much better understanding of the philosophy.

I think a good cookbook not only gives you the recipe, but gives you the little tips, the little insights that  helps with cooking.  Discussing philosophy is my love and I would like to share my new aha moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment